ON THIS PAGE WE WILL PROVIDE USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT THE VIRUS AND WHAT HELP IS AVAILABLE
- Glasgow City Mission – night shelter closed but still open from 10am to 2pm and offering a hot food delivery service for people in need
- Families Outside – helpline (0800 254 0088) and 1:1 support remotely
- Alzheimer Scotland, Glasgow – helpline (0808 808 3000) and email support only
- Glasgow City Council services – schools and day centres closed and home care services reduced with services being prioritised based on individuals’’ needs. Updates on their website: https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/coronavirus.
- Legal Services Agency – telephone advice freephone (0800 316 8450) or usual main telephone number (0141 353 3354)
- Macmillan Services – telephone support only through MacMillan helpline (0808 808 0000)
- Macmillan Libraries Service – telephone support (0141 287 2903), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via social media ie Facebook and Twitter
- Family Addiction Support Service (FASS) – telephone support only (Val – 07367353584 or Kathleen – 07775939713)
- Mungo Foundation (community addiction support) – face-to-face services cancelled but staff will aim to keep in touch with people by phone, WhatsApp etc
- Weigh to Go & Youth Health Services – telephone service only, Monday-Friday, 8.30am-4.00pm & Tues/Wed/Thurs, 6-9pm (0141 451 2727)
- DWP/Job Centre – all requirements to attend appointments at the job centre have been suspended for 3 months but job centres are still open for people who are not able to use phones and online, including homeless people
- National Autistic Society – face-to-face services in branches and social groups are suspended but online and telephone support available (0808 800 4104)
- Food bank – operating as usual just now the Preshal Trust is NOT on a Thursday. There is also a dedicated email address and emails should be sent the day before the person goes to collect the food parcels (email@example.com) – see below.
- Make, Do & Grow – recycled craft packs for children free to collect from GYIP food van and are running Facebook live crafting workshops and toddler craft sessions on Zoom – details on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Preshal Trust can arrange for food parcels to be left outside the building for collection and are in the process of planning food support project for over 70s and vulnerable people. Details of this to be confirmed. Calls can be made to Preshal (0141 445 3689)
- Govan HELP – closed for drop-ins. Emails checked daily (firstname.lastname@example.org). Telephone contact is available from Family Worker, Katie (email@example.com) and from Play Therapist, Aileen for children currently accessing play therapy within schools. The befriending project will also continue to keep in touch with the children they support by phone.
- Money Matters – telephone and email support only but are still accepting referrals and will offer support by these methods. If someone has a form that needs completed for DWP then can arrange for person to sign the form, post it to Money Matters and they will phone person to complete the form that way. Referral required to do this.
- Help to make a new claim for Universal Credit is available from Ibrox Library by appointment only. The library is closed but UC appointments can be booked by phoning 0808 169 9901.
- Coming Home Centre – centre closed but telephone support available and offering care packages to vulnerable veterans. However Pearce Institute closes on 27.03.20 so this may change.
- Grub Hub/Moogety Gardens – all groups and classes cancelled but cooked food is available for collection from Grub Hub at 1pm on Thursdays & Saturdays. They are also looking at hot food deliveries to older and vulnerable people but will need to rely on volunteers/services to help with deliveries.
- Craft Café – closed but Project Leader is keeping in touch with attendees by phone
- Daily Food Service – various locations, 11am to 1pm, Monday to Friday. See below for details.
- Govan Law Centre – appointments and advice by telephone, email and Skype only but all court and tribunal services are unaffected (0141 440 2503 & firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dig In Community Greengrocer, Crossloan Rd – has a stock of tinned goods, laundry products and soap. They are also a period poverty point so have sanitary products.
- Linthouse Housing Association – office closed to public but staff available by phone (0141 445 4418) or by email (email@example.com). Welfare benefits advice is available for tenants if they are struggling with their rent. Gas safety checks are still taking place but tenants are asked to contact office if they or anyone in the house have symptoms or are self-isolating because they may have been exposed.
- Elderpark Housing Association – office closed to public but advice available via phone (0141 440 2244) and their media platforms ie Twitter, Facebook and website. Advice available for tenants re welfare benefits.
- Govan Community Project – office closed but still offering telephone support: 0141 445 3718 or text/WhatsApp 07470215337
- Home Office has suspended the need for travel to Liverpool for the submission of fresh claims. Solicitors can post/email further submissions and there are discussions of regional screenings.
- Scottish Refugee Council are providing advice by telephone (0141 223 7979, 0141 223 7984)
- Maslow’s Community Shop – closed for clothing vouchers and ESOL classes
- Online multi-lingual information compiled by SE Integration Network: https://seinglasgow.org.uk/2020/03/17/covid-19-info-support/
- Translated materials for self-isolation from UK Govt (Arabic, Bengali, Cantonese, French, Gujarati, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Urdu and Welsh): https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance and https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people
- Ibrox Parish Church - Mondays 12-2pm
- Mosspark Baptist Church - Wednesdays 12-2pm
- Hillington Park Church - Fridays 10am-12.45pm (please note the slightly earlier closing time)
Dedicated email addressed for referrals: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are using this please do the following:
- Send it BEFORE we open on the day. We don't have the resources to check email during opening times.
- Give us the following information:
- Name of the person referred.
- Their address - including post code - (and phone number).The number of adults and children in the household.
- The age and size of any of these children who are in nappies. If we have received any donations of that size of nappy we will make them available.
- The reason for the referral.
- The "voucher" number. Even if you are not using a paper voucher please use the number and cancel the paper voucher. If we are going down this route then we may issue you with a batch of "vouchers" which is the log sheet which accompanies them through the post. Each email referral must have a unique and valid number on it.
DAILY FOOD SERVICE
Due to the cancellation of GYIP’s Spring Holiday Programme we have teamed up with several local partners to deliver a food initiative to try and ensure that young people and the wider community will have daily access to food across our Govan.
The GYIP minibus and The Salvation Army food van will be stationed across Govan at 5 venues for 2 hours each day from 11-1pm offering a selection of hot and cold food.
This service will be free of charge but we ask young people & tenants to be respectful and to only ask for what they need.
Monday: Howat St, Govan 11am – 1pm
Tuesday: Burndyke Square, Govan C 11am – 1pm
Wednesday: Govan Cross, Govan 11am – 1pm
Thursday: Elizabeth St, Ibrox 11am -1pm
Friday: Shaw St, Govan 11am – 1pm
We are sharing information from Walking With The Wounded as this will benefit all veterans across Scotland and beyond. Below is a document that has been produced by William Cairns from WWTW and contains extremely useful information. Please read and share this page with anyone that it may benefit.
We have also included information from LiveLife 'Working together to tackle stress amongst Veterans and their families in Scotland